Gain better insight through smart technologies
Understanding your farmland
With its high-precision technology and satellite-driven data, field productivity maps clearly identify areas of the highest and the lowest productivity on a farm. These images are able to provide farmers with insight into soil temperature, humidity, and plant deterioration analysis.
Additionally, Normalised Difference Vegetation Index (NDVI), which analyses live green vegetation in a specific area, can provide farmers with an accurate reading of the health of their crops.
Weather conditions undoubtedly have a big impact on the condition of crops. Unfortunately, these conditions are becoming increasingly impossible to accurately predict. Aside from the obvious benefit of providing water for growth, it also impacts the development of plants and, of course, crop yields. IoT solutions are becoming the way in which farmers can get a better gauge into and an understanding of accurate weather predictions.
Weather stations, like the ones deployed by Farmdeck, provide farmers with a more accurate reading of the weather on their property compared to the Bureau of Meteorology’s more general forecast. Our weather station also has an automated recording capability on its platform, providing farmers with a complete weather history. This gives them access to information collected during different seasons and years, providing them with insight into what their crops or pasture will look like and if any action is needed to help crops experience optimal growth.
Did you know that IoT is making the tracking of livestock, as well as understanding the health and wellbeing of your livestock easier? Through IoT solutions, you can:
- Fit an IoT collar on your cattle to track your mob in real-time
- Use RFID sheep ear tags to automatically identify and count each animal when they walk through a gate
- Track all the data collected by the RFID tags or IoT collars on the Farmdeck app and manage your livestock from there
- Monitor livestock and receive alert notifications if your livestock has been down or non-mobile for a certain period of time
Farmdeck offers all of the above and also keeps historical data and record keeping in one place that allow you to record:
- Livestock heads, gender, breed and age
- Vaccine and drenching records
- Grazing management, including the number of days spent in the current paddock, DSE load, and time to next move
- Financials, including purchases and sales details